Good News in John 3:16 series
The clearest expression of salvation in the Bible is John 3:16: “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” This one verse encapsulates six core teachings of the Christian Faith by using words filled with profound meaning. When each word is understood as Jesus Himself taught, it provides an entire worldview through which we can understand God, life, the hereafter, and the gospel.
- The Nature and Character of God elaborates on the word "God" and considers fundamental truths about God from a biblical standpoint.
- The Judgment God Desires to Withhold focuses on the word "perish" and addresses the biblical doctrine of hell and eternal punishment.
- The Blessing God Desires to Bestow considers "eternal life" and the biblical teachings of the new birth, heaven, the resurrection, and God's kingdom.
- The Eternal Son of God focuses on the phrase "only begotten Son" and considers the many different truths concerning Jesus Christ in relation to God and man.
- The Saving Work of Jesus Christ considers the word "gave" and reviews the purpose, meaning and implications of the death of Jesus Christ.
- The Faith God Requires to Save examines the phrase "believes in Him" and elaborates on the sole condition for salvation: trusting in Jesus Christ.
Learn more ...
Back to top