Bible Study Groups Overview
The mission of the Rushwave Bible Study Groups ministry is to establish believers in the Christian faith through a live, interactive, small group Bible study. It provides opportunity for "iron to sharpen iron" through Bible teaching and interactive discussion (Proverbs 27:17).
- Each study is led by a Bible teacher meeting Elder qualifications (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Studies meet weekly or bi-weekly for around 90 minutes in a consecutive series of study sessions lasting several weeks.
- In-person study groups may meet in a home, conference room, library, office, or even an outdoor pavillion.
- Online study groups are available from literally anywhere in the world and are limited to 32 people.
- Study content is in-depth and systematic in an informal, non-academic, interactive context.
- Each study session consists of a sharing, prayer, and teaching segment.
- Members are encouraged to be like Bereans and search the scriptures (Acts 17:11).
- Childcare is not provide for in-person study groups. Parents are welcome to either bring their children or secure their own childcare arragements.
- Some studies may incorporate immersive activities. For example, a study of 1st Thessalonians — a letter to a persecuted church — may involve hearing a persecuted Christian's testimony. Likewise a study of the Old Testament Jewish festivals may involve participating in a Passover meal.
Bible study groups links:
Learn more ...
Back to top