Establishing Believers in the Christian Faith
The Gospel Explained in One Minute
The word "gospel" means "good news" and references the true, glad tidings God has revealed though His Son, Jesus Christ. If it were to be concisely communicated, it could be expressed this way:
- The one true God — the kind, all-wise, all-powerful, just, eternal Spirit who knows all and sees you —
- created all things: the heavens, earth, seas, and all that is in them. He has been very patient with you.
- He desires to give you eternal life: forgive your sins, transform your evil heart, adopt you as His child, raise you from the dead to inherit His kingdom,
- and save you from judgment for your evil desires, thoughts, and deeds He Himself has clearly seen.
- God revealed Himself through Jesus Christ, His eternal Son sent to the world: a virgin-born, sinless, miracle worker who mirrored God's character, and
- who died to ransom you from God's judgment, bearing the wrath you deserve by giving His own life.
- Jesus was raised from the dead, went to heaven, and will return to judge the world and reign as King.
- God saves all who trust Jesus — all who look to God's kindness and mercy for forgiveness in Christ.
- Jesus will be your Savior or Judge. Trust Him!
Teachings of the Christian faith links:
Learn more ...
Back to top